Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Slight Delay

After relinquishing all of our documents into the hands of others, we were relieved to be in the official last stages of waiting. However, yesterday, I received a call from Mary that revealed a minor setback.

I was excited to hear that our dossier had made it from Nashville to Grand Rapids, meaning it had received the Great Seal Of TN. But, in their detailed scrutiny of the dossier before sending it to China, they found that Drew's medical document was lacking liver and thyroid function results. I immediately called our physician to check on them and found that his liver results were normal, but they had overlooked the thyroid tests for both Drew and myself!!! So, I asked if they could fit us in right away, and we were in lab by 2:00. The lab technician told me that I could pick up the results today. I planned to do that and personally drive them to Bethany to be faxed to GR, but when I called and spoke with the nurse, she said that the technician was mistaken and the results of the thyroid tests would take another 5-7 days.

So, we are waiting again. I will be honest and say that tears filled my eyes when I heard that we would have to wait another week and that our dossier is on hold in GR, but the Lord kept reminding me to trust Him. It's hard not to think about the fact that if we had looked with more care, that we might have caught it ourselves sooner. But, just as He has taught us along this long road, we are trusting Him and resting in the grace that He gives to us. We know that He is orchestrating the time until we are united with our daughter. And, NOTHING can thwart His plans. We rest in grace.

On a happy note, Drew and I just celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary yesterday:) Also, Happy Birthday to Papa Thrift today!!!

No comments: