Friday, January 20, 2012

Time Flies

Two weeks have passed since we landed in Chattanooga with Salem.  This shook me last night.  The time has moved at warp speed and I am finding myself suddenly realizing that the well meaning words "it goes by so quickly" are TRUE!  I remember as a little girl my Gommy telling me that when you get older, times moves more quickly.  I have thought of this over the years.  When it first hit my young ears, I was amazed at the concept, accepting it as truth from a lady who had lived a long time.  As I have grown older, that memory has come back as I have pondered numerous times the seemingly rapid pace of life as an adult.  Summers used to feel like half a year, balancing out the months of trudging through school, only to emerge at the pool again.  Days playing in the attic playroom lasted for what seemed like days as Allyson and I lived in the life and times of Strawberry Shortcake, listening to Alvin and the Chipmunks Christmas while fishing for more of that black paper to create yet another Brite Light masterpiece.  Yet, even while enjoying the seamless time of play and adventure, I always wished for time to move faster.

As a mommy, the time that I wished away is coveted now.  If only to have a few more hour in the day.  Time spent in adventure remains forefront, as life is still that.  Yet, now it is laced with trains and flying machines chasing each other through tunnels, cleaning poop from the floor and behinds, Goliath being taken down by a Kindermusik ribbon, refereeing small mishaps of a one and three year old, watching Buzz Lightyear zoom through the house being chased by an "angry dog", wiping faces, stumbling upon stacking cups treacherously sprawled out among the house feverishly searching for one another, baby doll strollers racing through the halls, and two children learning to love each other well.  Everyday is a new adventure.  As the time speeds along, may I embrace what God has sent to me.  And may the time that God has ordained for my days be spent well with these two blessings, my sweet man by my side, and the reassurance of His sovereign love for me.  More adventures to come...


No comments: